Terminus of the Port Road, Portpatrick Station, now a private residence. Closed 6 February 1950. The demise of Portpatrick station is very poorly documented, at one point in the 1860's there was even a seperate branch "harbour line" originally used by passengers but only for a period of around a year, the branch remained open to freight for a couple of years and the main station remained part of the port road untill 1950 but was obviously closed long before the Beeching Axe. Below you can see a few historical pictures including one of the station as it is today, a map of the line as it was in 1860's during the brief time the harbour branch existed and also a satellite view of the line arriving from Stranrear to its final terminus. A gallery of current pictures showing the station and line can be seen at the bottom of this page


PortpatrickStn   hist1925train

ps   Portpatrick town rlies

Portpatrick Hotel




7051 19690


7303 4


7006 19690

b2223 Titfield Thunderbolt 1953