Bridge of Dee Station was a station on the Kirkcudbright Railway which was a railway branch line linking Kirkcudbright to the Castle Douglas and Dumfries Railway at Castle Douglas. It opened in 1864, and closed in 1965.
The 1895 public timetable shows seven trains each way except Sundays; one each way ran Mondays and Fridays only; the journey time was 25 minutes. The entire line between Dumfries and Kirkcudbright is shown as the "Kirkcudbright Branch".
A mid morning train from London St Pancras to Glasgow gave a connection at Dumfries for Castle Douglas. A note against Bridge of Dee, Tarff and Kirkcudbright stations states, "Passengers from South of Carlisle for these Stations will be conveyed by Special Train from Castle Douglas.
Today the station is a private bed and breakfast establishment but many of the period features have been kept as can be seen in the photographs below Bridge Of Dee DSC08871.JPG DSC08874.JPG DSC08882.JPG DSC08888.JPG DSC08891.JPG DSC08898.1.JPG DSC08886x.jpg
Bridge Of Dee