Racks railway station was a railway station in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, south of Dumfries, OS NGR NY 033 743, serving and effectively creating the village of Racks near the Lochar Water, 4 miles ESE of Dumfries; a rural community within the Parish of Torthorwald
The station, 62.64 miles south of Glasgow Saint Enoch station, opened in July 1848. The station is now closed, although the line running through the station remains open. The station building has been converted into a private dwelling. The difference in height between the main building and platform level was overcome by the use of two fenced diagonal ramps built into the slope with the remainder of the area occupied by a profusion of shrubbery and flower beds.
Racks was opened by the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway, which then became part of the Glasgow and South Western Railway; in 1923 it became part of the London Midland and Scottish Railway at the Grouping, passing on to the Scottish Region of British Railways following the 1948 nationalisation of the railways. It was closed by the British Railways Board.